I am totally committed to providing continuous physical, emotional and practical support before and after child birth. Helping you to stay Calm, Comfortable, and Confident. To be informed, prepared and most importantly to have trust in yourself as a birthing woman and a new mother.
I absolutely love being a doula so rest assured that everything i do comes from the heart and my passion to care for new mothers and babies XX
DEFINiTION OF A DOULA
'Doula' is a Greek word, loosely translated as "in service of" but in this context it is taken to mean a woman who provides sustained physical,emotional and informational support during labour, birth and in the early days of parenthood.
Doula's are not medical professionals and do not perform clinical tasks, diagnose medical conditions, or give medical advise.
A birth Doula supports the mother wherever or however she chooses to give birth, whether it be at home or hospital, with or without medical intervention.
Postnatal Doula's specialize in guiding the newborn parents and baby through early experiences as a new family by offering help and support, once the baby is born.
WHY HIRE A DOULA
1. Continuity of support through pregnancy, labour, birth and postnatally.
2. Support at home in labour before going into hospital or calling the midwives.
3. Support for partner/family as well as mum.
4. Lower risk of caesarean birth.
5. Lower risk of instrumental birth.
6. Less need for epidural during birth.
7. Lower rate of induction in labour.
8. Shorter labour.
9. Greater likelihood of successfully establishing breast feeding.
10.Flexible support at home in the early weeks with new baby.